Sunday 21 July 2013

Win Hill Sunset

This set of photos is from April, one of my first post-snow outings of the year and whilst it is always enjoyable to make the short walk up to Win Hill from Hope (oddly, I think this was the first time I'd done it when it'd been light?!?) - it was made all the more interesting by the seemingly millions of lambs. Some behaving better than others... 





On the way up I also took advantage of whatever golden light I could...




In the end, I didn't get the sunset I was hoping for. There was a bit of colour in the sky as the sun poked through the clouds late on, but nowhere near enough light to illuminate the dull, wintry moorland landscape surrounding Win Hill pike.




After this I slowly made my way back down to Hope for the late train back... not completely satisfied but happy to have spent some time alone atop Win Hill as darkness set in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment