Thursday 23 January 2014

Bex: Behind The Scenes

I don't think I've ever had a plan that's taken as long to come to fruition as this one. I've wanted to shoot Bex for a long, long time and yet various things always seem to have come up to stop that from happening... until this week!

Myself and Ian (http://www.ianwallacephotography.co.uk/), who I know quite well from Twitter, had been talking about maybe renting a studio together and somewhere I'd always wanted to shoot in was Hallam Mill - an amazing building with loads of space, props, and - most importantly - the most wonderful windows in the world. This would mean going over to Stockport, which is pretty convenient from Sheffield, and fortunately is (I think) where Bex now lives(ish) - so it seemed the perfect opportunity. Finally things slotted nicely together.

Having never worked in a studio of any sort before - it was a good opportunity just to get a feel for this type of thing in a relaxed setting with people who, despite me having never met them before, I felt I knew quite well. Both Ian and Bex turned out to be every bit as friendly as I suspected - and with Bex it was especially nice to have someone experienced who just got on with things without any need for direction... allowing me to focus on getting my bit right.

So, I'm still in the process of finalising the 'proper' images, but here are a few outtakes/behind the scenes type stuff which I hope they won't mind me sharing! For the last image, if you can make it all the way to the bottom, I'll share a new 'proper' one too... so enjoy!...





















The last photo... clearly happy it's all over!




No comments:

Post a Comment